Bring the crisp, cool air into your home with these Simple Fall Decorating Ideas for a Beautiful Autumn Home. The warm colors of Fall, the cooler weather, and the upcoming Holidays all make us feel cozy and your home decor can take that to the next level.
What is the difference between Fall and Autumn anyway?
Fall is a term mainly used in the United States while Autumn is used outside the U.S.; so the terms are interchangeable. It is the season between Summer, the hottest season, and Winter, the coldest season. It is when the daylight duration becomes shorter and the temperature starts cooling.
When does the Fall Season start and end?
In North America, Fall starts with the September equinox, which is when the sun appears to cross the equator as it moves from North to South. This is usually between September 21st and 24th. The Fall Season ends during the Winter solstice, which is when the sun reaches its southernmost position in the sky as seen from Earth. This is usually between December 20th and 23rd.
So, when should you start decorating for Fall?
Decorating for Fall typically starts once the weather starts changing in September or early October. There really isn’t a recommended date but when to put up your Fall decor is really up to your own family’s schedule, motivation, and if/when you have the decor to put up.
How do you decorate for Fall on a budget?
Decorating doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. There are plenty of ways to decorate for Fall on a budget. If you have kids, have them go on a treasure hunt for fallen leaves and pine cones from the local park. The bargain stores will have pumpkins at an affordable price too. All these Fall-related items can be added to a wicker basket and displayed in your living room.
Simple Fall Decorating Ideas for a Beautiful Autumn Home
Make your home cozy with these Simple Fall Decorating Ideas for a Beautiful Autumn Home. And the best thing is, these are all from Handcrafted Shops who put a lot of love into creating these gorgeous items for you! Support a small business while you make your home feel cozy for Fall.
While decorating for Fall, enjoy your coffee in one of these Fall-Themed Coffee Mugs:
- Retro-Inspired Sweater Weather Ceramic Coffee Mug — Enjoy your favorite coffee, tea, or the much-loved PSL in this ceramic mug with an original design from a Veteran-Owned Small Business, PaisleyGroveGIFTS.com, $16.
- Hello Fall Gnomes Mug — adorable gnomes in their fall outfits will help you enjoy your coffee while you decorate your home for Fall. From PetiteAndCrafty for $18.
- It’s Fall Y’all Mug — another coffee mug option for you to use while you add some Autumn Decor to your home. From IGYDesignsbyK for $14.
Autumn Decor for your living room to add some cozy Fall vibes to your home.
- Fall Themed Drink Coasters — The rich colors of autumn adds some warmth to your home. These drink coasters protect your table top and the abstract art on are original designs by PaisleyGroveGIFTS, $17.
- Knitted Pumpkins in Orange, Navy, and Blue. Traditional and adorable pumpkins in trending colors. From honeyfiddle and starts at $28.
- Wooden Fall Signs with the traditional Fall Quotes — Farmhouse sign with a list of your favorite autumn things to bring some warmth into your home. From MistyHollowStudio, starts at $18.
Your kitchen also needs one of these gorgeous Fall Decors!
- Woven Fall Table Runner — Cotton table runner as a backdrop for your pumpkin, bread bowl, or Fall Flower arrangement. From RNRWovenTreasures, starts at $25.
- Fall Kitchen Towels — Pumpkin-themed kitchen towels are 100% cotton and comes as a set of 2 from SunnyBelleDesigns, $17.
- Engraved Wooden Spoons — mix up your favorite pie or pumpkin muffins with these engraved wooden spoons from AFewSpareMoments, starts at $15.
- Fall Pumpkin Truck Refrigerator Magnet — Yes, even your fridge can use some pumpkin decor. It’s a small addition but it adds a lot of fall vibe to your kitchen. From WallCakes for $8.
Add a welcoming Fall Decoration to your door too.
- White Pumpkin Fall Wreath — here’s a step outside of the traditional orange decor, a white and green wreath with pumpkins, eucalyptus, and pine cones from AshandHartFloral, $195.
- Rustic Fall Wreath — Rich-colored wreath with burlap and mesh to complement your Fall decor from PinkDoorWreaths, $95.
- Fall Door Hanger — Choose your letter to accent your door. It’s individually hand-painted with sunflowers, pumpkins, and scarecrows. From HomeofLetters, $55.
More Fall Decor to add some Autumn vibes to your home.
- Fall Themed Book Stacks — even a simple stack of books can be a wonderful addition to your Fall decor. These are handmade and you can even customize the words you want on them. From Joy In The Making, $20.
- Tiered Tray Fall Decor — This cute set is complete with 8 mini signs, the sign stand, and even twine for the banner. Handmade by HJRustic, $59
- Peacock Feathers Orange Resin Coasters – unique Fall home decor but functional as coasters too. From LiebeKraftedDesigns, starts at $12.
- FALL Burlap Banner — simple Farmhouse banner to hang on your fireplace, entryway, or anywhere see fit. From SayItInBurlap, $19
- Buffalo Check Sunflower Topper — Dress up your own lantern with this trending farmhouse Autumn topper. From TaylorsTouchFloral, $50
- Pumpkin Patch Base with Sign — Dress up this Navy and Orange velvet pumpkin wood base with the sign of your choice. You’re sure to find your favorite Fall Quote from Frantic Farmhouse, starts at $40.
- Stuffed Turkey Pillow — Thanksgiving time is around the corner so this cute pillow will be a great addition to your Fall Decor. From SirWinslowsZoo, $45.
- Fall-Themed and Halloween Planner Stickers — These planner stickers will help you add some cuteness to your planners. Ralph is an original concept and available from JoinTheCreativeSide, $6.
- Fall Harvest Greeting Card — Send an unexpected snail mail to say hello with this cute greeting card with an original watercolor illustration. From DesignsByMoniStore, $6
- Autumn Pumpkin DIY Embroidery Kit — Even beginners can easily embroider with kit that includes everything you need. From WovenAndWool, $35.
- Pumpkin Spice Soap — try not to eat this decadent pumpkin spice soap as it smells just like a delicious pumpkin pie. From JacksMountainSoap, starts at $9.
- Pumpkin Spice Soap — another wonderfully scented soap to add that sweet aroma of pumpkin spice into your home. From NutmegAndApple, $15.
As you can see, decorating for the season isn’t hard with these Simple Fall Decorating Ideas for a Beautiful Autumn Home. These items are all from Small Businesses and are lovingly handmade with love!
*Disclaimer: Prices and availability are current as of time of publication. Each individual artisan has the right to change any aspect of their listing at their own discretion. For more information, please visit our About Us page.